- Payment is required three weeks prior to your visit. This gives us the opportunity to mail your tickets and will make your arrival significantly smoother and hassle-free.
- Your balance can be paid using a check (made payable to The Franklin Institute) or credit card. Purchase Orders can be sent as a form of deposit. Please note that payment will then be due in full upon arrival.
- All payments should be mailed to Attn: Group Sales to ensure your payment is efficiently processed.
- All group members should have wristbands on.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth and fit closely against the sides of the face must be worn at all times, and are required for all guests ages 3 and up.
- Please note: Face shields alone are not an acceptable form of face covering. Guests wearing face shields will be given a disposable mask to wear in addition to or as a replacement for the face shield.
- Proceed up the main stairs to the 2nd Floor and a member of our team will meet you to welcome you.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your trip, please call 215.448.1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
One chaperone per 10 youth is required. Groups receive 1 free General Admission chaperone ticket for every ten youth tickets for weekday museum visits. Chaperones pay for all ticketed attractions including special exhibits. Chaperones are considered all adults with the group, including teachers, administrators, nurses and parents. Chaperones in excess of the required ratio will pay the discounted adult rate. Chaperone rates are not available on weekends or holidays. Chaperone rates are applied to groups of 15 or more people. Chaperones must be at least 18 years of age.
Drop-Off, Pick-Up and Parking
- Drop-Off - A ten-minute drop-off and pick-up zone is available in front of The Franklin Institute on 20th Street.
- Pick-Up – Please designate a meet-up place upon arrival so that your group is ready for pick-up at the end of your day. During pick-up, buses should not arrive until your group is ready to depart and should not block the area for other groups waiting to load.
- Bus Parking – There is no on-site parking affiliated with The Franklin Institute. Please let your driver know they can park at the following location, which is within 15-minutes of the museum. Fee Applies.
- Callowhill Bus Center (215-829-3330), located on Callowhill Street between Second and Third Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19123.
- If your group plans on bringing lunches, please let us know when you make your reservation.
- Limited indoor seating, as well as outdoor seating (seasonal; weather permitting) is available.
- Groups may store their lunches on their own in the lunchroom provided they are packed together and in a box labeled with the group name. TFI Staff are unable to handle your boxed lunches.
Coats should be left on the bus. We are unable to store coats at this time.
Emergencies, Lost Children and Lost and Found
Should you need assistance please visit the Ticketing Desk in the Atrium on the second floor of the building, the Security desk at the 20th Street entrance on the first floor, or ask any of our staff for assistance.
- Guests with limited mobility and wheelchairs can enter at the 20th street business entrance.
- The Franklin Institute is dedicated to providing an experience that is accessible to all visitors. Learn More